Sunday, October 16, 2016

#DebutAuthorSpotlight: Candy Moore



Candy Moore


Author Bio

Pen name Candy Moore, actual name Liselle Moore. A 36 year old mother of two girls aged 9 and 2 years old. Hailing from the wonderful country of Trinidad. Liselle loves to read and always enjoyed writing short stories in school. She is so proud of herself for finally giving writing a try, and is hoping to become a successful and recognized author in the near future.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Stalk Candy


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author Interview

1. Can you please tell us a little about yourself?

I am a 36 year old mother of two girls, I live in the Caribbean, Trinidad. I absolutely love reading and I am hoping to be successful in writing.

2. What's the title of your new book?

She Wants That Dope Boy Love

3. Is this book a standalone, spin-off, or part of a series?

First of a three part series.

4. List the main genre & sub genres this book is classified as.

Urban fiction

5. What is your book about?

The book is about an engaged couple (Latisha & Romel) with two kids who are trying to move forward from past issues, mainly the unfaithfulness of Romel. Just as things seem to be going in the right direction Romel’s childhood friend Trey who recently came out of prison comes into the picture. On meeting Trey Latisha is instantly attracted to him, not knowing he is friends with her fiancé. What she doesn’t know is that Trey will end up turning her life upside down, while revealing secrets about her fiancé Romel that she never knew!

6. What message, lesson, or moral are you trying to deliver to readers in this book?

That sometimes the grass may just APPEAR to be greener on the other side. When in actuality it isn’t. Also to be appreciative of what you have.

7. Is this book a reflection of a personal experience?

No it’s not.

8. Where can this book be purchased?

Amazon

9. What inspired you to become a writer?

It was always a dream of mine. Also reading a lot of Urban Fiction books they seem to always head in one direction especially the endings, so I wanted to bring something a little different to the table.

10. What genre(s) do you write and why?

So far Urban Fiction &/ Romance. I write what I somewhat know.

11. I'm sure you're a reader as well, who are some of your favorite authors and what's on your ‘To Be Read’ List?

Favorite authors: Mercedes G, B.M Hardin & Theresa Hodge. I plan to read Noelle’s Rock 2 & 3 by Theresa Hodge.

12. Are you a full-time or part-time writer and how long has it been since you published your first book?

A part time author, I released my debut book August 30th 2016.

13. Who is your targeted audience and what message are you trying to relay in your writing?

I try to write to just about any age group that can relate. To stay strong in spite of life’s setbacks.

14. With thousands of books being released each day and new authors steady emerging, how are you going to stand out? Why should readers give your book(s) a try versus others in the same genre?

Because I am trying to bring something different to readers.

15. What's next for you in your literary career?

Yes, I am working on book 2 of She Wants That Dope Boy Love. Also, another book. That’s it for now. No book signings.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fav 15

Favorite Authors BM Hardin & Mercedes G
Coffee or Tea Tea
Favorite Movie/TV Show Power
Favorite Book Secrets of a side Bitch1-6
Favorite Food All Trini foods
Favorite Song Anything from Machel Montano (Trinidad soca artiste)
Favorite Actor/Actress Idris Elba
Favorite Quote When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Favorite Sport/Hobby Reading
Day/Night Night
Favorite Holiday Christmas
Favorite Vacation Spot Tobago

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Candy's Books

She Wants That Dope Boy Love

Genre Urban Fiction

Publisher Boss Lady Publications

Release Date August 30th 2016

Print Length 162 pages

FREE with Kindle Unlimited

Amazon Kindle Price $0.99

Amazon Paperback Price $8.46

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Buy The Book


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Blurb


Latisha and Romel are engaged to be married. Are they a happy, perfect couple? No, but they are trying to move forward from a few of Romel's past screw ups. Just when their lives seems to be heading in the right direction. In comes Trey, Romel's childhood friend from when they lived out in Brooklyn, who has just been released from prison. Trey is just what Latisha swore she hates…A bad boy!

Trey brings with him secrets from Romel's past and awakens a yearning in Latisha, she thought she could fight! When secrets start unfolding and Latisha's forbidden hook up with Trey begins to wreak havoc on her normally quiet life. Will her relationship with Romel be able to withstand it all? Or will everything crumble before her eyes!



Coming Soon

She Wants That Dope Boy Love 2

Genre Urban Fiction

Publisher Boss Ladies publications

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Snippet

She Wants That Dope Boy Love

“So, how was your party last night? You enjoyed it?” He asked so close I could feel his breath on my neck.

That’s when it hit me I forgot to ask Romel, if he knew who Trey was. I turned into him and asked. “How did you end up at my party anyway?”

“I was invited.” He said licking his lips, am sure purposely.

“I recently moved to Miami from Brooklyn.” He took another sip of his drink , oh did he just say Brooklyn? My hometown!

“Well look at that, am from there also.” I told him as I took up my drink to quench a thirst, I don’t think any liquid could help with.

“Oh trust me. I know you from Brooklyn.” He said that with such confidence, had me thinking twice if he knows me.

“So who invited you?” I asked, anxiously awaiting his reply.

“My cousin.” He replied playing with his beard, damn he fine.

“Who’s your cousin?” I picked up my drink and took a sip.

He smiled, very slowly this time. “Oh you know him, Romel, Romel Jackson, your fiancé”

And there you have it. On my death certificate, it’s gonna read death by Pineapple Ciroc! Cause I started to choke on my drink. Did he just say his cousin is Romel? My Romel!

No comments:

Post a Comment