Sunday, February 14, 2016

#SundayExcerpt 006 Love and Drama: The Root Of All Evil by Sheena Binkley @ChevonBink #UrbanFiction #Romance


Synopsis

He’s a hitman that’s trying to change his ways.
She’s the good girl that loves to do bad things.
When they are together, anything is possible.

Zuri Caldwell meets Damon Baxter at a club five years prior. After having a one-night stand together, she doesn’t think that their paths will cross again, until she sets foot in his classroom. They try to stay away from the attraction that they share. However, they can’t deny the chemistry in the air, which leads them into having a discreet relationship. Things end when Zuri moves to California for an executive position.

Five years later, Zuri is back in Houston. Unfortunately, she is down on her luck since she was fired from her job. She encounters Damon again, which sparks up old memories. Even though Damon wants her back, Zuri doesn’t since she’s getting over engagement, but that doesn’t mean that she won’t sample a little of what he’s offering.

The two fall back into a sexual relationship that could prove dangerous since Damon has been living a double life. He tries to leave his old life as a hitman behind, but his past keeps catching up with him. This forces him into doing one last hit. He doesn’t want to do it, but there’s a reason he has to. There’s this one catch though. Zuri has to be involved as well, mainly because her ex-fiance is the target.

The two will have to find a way to get the job done without tipping off anyone, including their friends, Zuri’s parents, and most of all, her ex. But, can the two do it without having their feelings get in the way? Find out in Love & Drama, A Stand Alone Novel.


Excerpt

Zuri

“Are you ready?”

I glanced at Damon, feeling completely terrified to what we were about to do. He held my hand, squeezing it while his blue eyes stared into mine. I looked behind me, wondering if we were still being chased, but luckily, Damon found a way to get them off of our trail.

He flashed that smile of his that made my pussy wet. This is not the time to be thinking about that, especially when they’re people trying to kill us.

“You know I got you, right?”

I nervously nodded. “I know. I trust you.”

We heard gunshots as I looked behind me. Damon pulled me to the edge, yelling we have to go. I gave a silent prayer, asking God to keep us safe as I closed my yes, not wanting  to look where I was heading.

“Zuri, let’s go!”

I quickly opened them as we jumped off the edge of the cliff, heading towards the rushing waters, hoping we don’t die.

From the time I’ve known Damon, he turned my life upside down; but in the two months that we have reconnected, never did I imagined it would be this crazy. That’s why I didn’t let him back into my life. Now, I have to wonder did I make the right decision in getting back with him.

I guess I would never know the outcome. Or, will I…?

Five Years Earlier….

“Girl, I told you we should have left early. Now, we have to pay.”

I looked at my friend, Nicole Easley, and sighed. Leave it to her to worry about being at the club on time. Even though Bases is the new club in the city, I could care less since I didn’t even want to go out. She dragged me out since she broke up with her boyfriend, Malik, for the hundredth time, and wanted to celebrate. I’m pretty sure she’ll be back with him by the end of the night. They always do.

I looked behind me, wishing I could leave, when someone caught my attention. He was talking with a group of guys when he looked over and stared at me. Our eyes locked as he gave a sexy smile.

“Damn, he’s fine.” Nicole said.

“I know right.” I agreed. I continued to stare as he turned to his friends. He stepped out of line and came over to me, which caught me by surprise. With his porcelain skin, sky blue eyes, and short way black hair, he was even sexier up close as his eyes roamed my body.

“Hey.”

“Hey. You know you can’t just skip the line. People might start a riot.”

“I hardly doubt that. If so, it’ll be worth it.”

I smiled and he stepped closer to me. “What’s your name?”

“Should I be asking you that?”

“I asked you first.”

“Zuri.”

“Sexy name, which fits you perfectly.”

I looked over at Nicole who was fanning herself. He was still giving that smile, which quickly had me clutching my thighs. He keep doing that and I’ll might have to do something about it, in other words, do him.

“Let me see if your name fits you.”

“Okay. Damon.”

I smiled. “ It definitely does.”

“You think we could talk some more, that is if your friend doesn’t mind.”

“Hell no! Go do your thing, girl. I have my eyes on your blonde friend anyway.” Nicole said while waving at him.

“That’s Chandler  and yes, he’s single.”

“My kind of man. Excuse me.” She said and went over to him.

I smiled. “That’s typical of her.”

“So, do you do this often, pick up random guys at clubs?” Damon asked.

I laughed. “I think it’s the other way around. You came over and talked to me.”

“I couldn’t resist. You’re sexy as hell.”

“You’re not so bad yourself.”

“I think I’m more than that, especially with how you’re looking at me.”

He came over to me, the scent of him and Gucci Cologne overcame me, making me even more wet. I didn’t think that was possible.

“You want to fuck me right now, don’t you?”

I glanced at him, couldn’t believe he just said that.

“Aren't  you bold?”

“I’m just telling the truth.”

“I’m not that type of girl.”

“No one is ever quite what they seemed.”

I glanced at him as I didn’t realized we were near the entrance. The bouncer asked for our IDs, but Damon shook his head. He took my hand as we went out of the line.

“What are you doing?”

“Let’s get to know each other. “

“But my friend…”

“She said she’ll be fine.”

“Yeah, but if we were in the same place. I’m not going anywhere with you.”

“You don’t want to get to know me?”

“You could be a damn killer.”

“Do I look like I could be?”

“A lot of fine looking men were killers.”

“We won’t go far. In fact, we can go to the diner next door.”

I stared at him, wondering if I should. I never done this before; I was usually the responsible one. I looked at Nicole, who was encouraging me to go. I put up the peace sign, which was her code to tell me to call if I didn’t hear from her within two hours. I didn’t think I would be using it for myself.

Damon nodded and we walked to the diner. He looked at me and smiled.

“So, I’m assuming you never done this before.”

“Does it look like I have? What are you trying to say?”

“I’m not saying anything. I just assumed because you look nervous. You don’t have to be. I’m harmless. Besides, if you didn’t want to, you could have said so.”

“Yes, I could had, but as you can see, I didn’t.”

“That’s because you want to fuck me.”

“Wow, you’re cocky.”

“I just call it how I see it. Believe me, if you do, then the feelings are mutual.”

I blushed as we walked inside. We found the closest booth to sit down and I stared to play with my menu. Damon looked ahead as something caught his attention. I looked over and saw three men staring at him. I quickly turned around, wondering what the hell was going on.

“Is everything okay?”

He nodded. “Yeah, everything is cool. You can order something if you want.”

“I’m good. Thanks.”

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Damon started to ask questions. The two of us got into a conversation about everything from our favorite food, music, even our childhood. After four hours of talking, I didn’t even realized that Nicole had called twice.

Damon checked his watch and smiled. “I didn’t realize how late it was.”

“Me either. It was nice to actually have a decent conversation with someone.”

“I’m not sure what guys you’ve been talking to, but I like my women to be sexy and stimulating; which you definitely are. There is one other question I want to ask.”

“What’s that?”

“Have you been with anyone outside your race?”

“Honestly, no.”

“Have you thought about it?”

“I have.”

“If you’re wondering, I’ve been pretty diverse. I think all women are beautiful, so I don’t have a preference.”

I nodded. “I really think I should go. I’m pretty sure Nicole  is looking for me. We have classes tomorrow and we shouldn’t be out so late.”

“I do too, but I’m not leaving. In fact, I don’t want the night to end.”

“It’s going to have to.”

“No, it doesn’t. Come home with me.”

“Whoa, what? If you think that I’ll…”

“I’m not thinking that. I just want to get to know you better.”

“Which you have and can another day.”

I got up when he gently grabbed my hand. I stared into those blue eyes of his, completely being hypnotized by them.

“What do you say?”

I slowly nodded, not knowing what the hell I was doing. He got up and put his hand on my waist as we walked out. I hope I don’t regret this.

Author: Sheena Binkley
Genre(s): African American Urban Fiction; African American Romance
Publisher: Tiece Mickens Presents
Publication Date: January 18, 2016
Price: $2.99
Available with Kindle Unlimited
Amazon Ranking: 4.6 Star Reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment