Sunday, February 7, 2016

#SundayExcerpt 005 My Man My Abuser by Rocky Rose #UrbanFiction


Synopsis

Nineteen-year-old Qortni Monroe and twenty-year-old Qamar Daniels are a match made in hell, and they both know it too. Qamar is am insecure, low self-esteem having guy who loves Qortni with all of his heart, but can't seem to keep his hands to himself whenever the two have a disagreement. Qortni is a female who is beautiful, holding down two jobs nd is just with Qamar because he is something to do for her. Qamar is obviously threatened by Qortni and the only upper hand he has above her is the fact that he weighs more than her and he's got a hell of a heavy hand. Will Qortni stay with Qamar and his abusive antics or will she wise up and leave before things go from worse to fatal?


Excerpt

I used to give a fuck, then I stopped; you see the life of a pastor's child is not all it's cracked up to be. I'm not perfect, shit far from it to be real.
​My name is Qortni Monroe; I'm nineteen years old from New Haven, one of the meanest cities in Connecticut, I recently dropped out of college 'cause I couldn't keep my scholarship money and change my major so I decided to just quit. I didn't just quit and do nothing with my life; I enrolled into a writing program that was strictly for writing and breaking into print.
​In 2004, a year after graduating from high school I met this guy by the name of Qamar Daniels and we began chatting through BlackPlanet, then Yahoo Messenger, then finally meeting in person.
​On October 19, 2004, Qamar and I made it official, we officially became a couple. I officially was in a relationship with Satan himself and I wasn’t even aware of what I was getting myself into. It still amazes me how someone can make himself or herself appear to be the best thing since sliced bread, but in all actuality they're the worst things since women getting their period once a month.
​In the beginning everything between Qamar and I was real cool, conversations were always on point, we'd fall asleep on the phone with one another, 'cause neither one of us wanted to be the first to hang up; yeah, I used to do corny shit like that. Anyhow, his friends seemed to like me, as I think back on it now, maybe they liked me a little too much back then; they had a very unique way of getting to know me, a way that I didn't think too much of, and didn't think anything was wrong with how we began getting to know one another.
​"So, Qortni, what's your sign?" Asked Qamar's cousin Nathan, ​"I'm a sexy Gemini." ​"Cool, what's your favorite position?" ​"Doggy style, all day every day." "Damn, how come I couldn't have met you first? I don't think Qamar will know what to do with you or how to handle you, real talk," chimed in Nature.

Author: Rocky Rose
Genre: Urban Fiction
Publisher: RockWrite Publishing
Publication Date: May 31, 2013
Amazon Price: $5.99
Amazon Ranking: 4.5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment