Friday, October 16, 2015

"New Author" Spotlight | Cherice Harris

Cherice Harris has always been an avid reader since she was a child. Going to the library to check out books was something that she enjoyed doing on a regular basis. She will read anything within the genres of romance, suspense, supernatural and urban.

Writing has always been her thing, especially creative writing. English was her favorite subject in school. Being able to write helps her escape everyday life, it's her stress reliever.

Her debut novel In Love with a Street King was released on July 1, 2015 under Jan'a Sullivan Presents. In Love With a Street King 2: Secrets Revealed released September 14, 2015. She is currently working on In Love with A Street King 3: The Final Chapter as well as a collaboration with Jan'a Sullivan, The Difference Between You & Bae.

Born and raised in Newark, New Jersey, she currently reside in Virginia with her two children, a 7 year old son and her 1 year old daughter.


VIP: Good Morning, It's great to have you here. Can you please tell us a little about yourself?

Cherice: Good Morning, I’m glad to be here. I grew up in Newark, New Jersey and then I eventually moved to Virginia. I graduated College with an Associates in Criminal Justice. I have two children, Jaylin 7 and Arianna 1.

VIP: What inspired you to become a writer?

Cherice: I have always enjoyed writing. As a child, I had a wild imagination and my great grandmother used to tell me all the time to write my ideas on paper. Throughout grade school, English was always my favorite subject.

VIP: Your publisher is Jan'a Sullivan Presents. How easy or hard was it to make the decision to sign with them?

Cherice: It wasn’t hard at all. Before Jan’a even started her publishing company, I was supporting her. I interacted with her, got to know her, and I loved how she made time for all of her supporters. Any questions anyone had, she would answer them right away. When she came to everyone about starting her company and if there was anybody that wanted to write, I jumped at the opportunity. I didn’t have to think on it hard, I already knew she was the one I wanted to sign to.

VIP: Who is your targeted audience and what message are you trying to relay in your writing?

Cherice: I don’t really have a “targeted” audience, I want EVERYONE to read it. Basically anyone who is willing to support.

VIP: With thousands of books being released each day and new authors steady emerging, how are you going to stand out? Why should readers give your book(s) a try versus others in the same genre?

Cherice: All I can do is continue to put my all in my writing and give my readers what they are looking for. Everyone deserves a chance. The ones who have been in the game longer was once in my place and look where they are now.

VIP: I'm sure you're a reader as well, Who are some of your favorite authors and what's on your "To Read List?"

Cherice: Wow, it’s so many to name! Jan’a Sullivan, Wahida Clark, Sister Soulja, Peach Johnson, Reds Johnson, Sham, Nicole Black, Andrea Neverson, Lucinda John, Nikki Simmons, that’s just to name a few.

VIP: Are you currently working on any new projects?

Cherice: Yes, I’m currently working on a colab with my publisher, The Difference Between You & Bae and In Love With A Street King 3.

VIP: Do you have any plans to attend any events; such as book fairs, Book signings, etc.?

Cherice: Yes, my publisher is setting some things up for next year.

VIP: How do you connect and interact with readers?

Cherice: I reach out to them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

VIP: What inspired you to write In Love With A Street King?

Cherice: I just started writing. That whole story was off the top of my head.

VIP: What genre is In Love With A Street King? Are you interested in writing other genres?

Cherice: Urban Fiction. I was thinking about writing suspense/horror, I’m really into those type of things.

In Love With A Street King


For Nichole, life in Newark had been easy going for her thanks to her mother, Tina. she went out of her way to make sure that her daughter didn't want or need anything. Being the type of girl Nichole was, she really didn't deal with a lot of people, that is, until she met Sheniya. The two girls instantly click and become the best of friends. With them juggling everyday life experiences and graduation a few months away, things seem to be going great for them until Ibn and Malakai enter their lives.

Ibn and Malakai are two well-known kingpins in the streets of Newark and surrounding areas. They appear to have everything on lock and only focused on making money. When they hook up with Nichols and Sheniya, enemies appear and began to cause havoc in their lives.

When things began to unravel, can the two couples pull together as a unit to handle the matter at hand? Or do they fall apart and turn against one another? Come take a ride and find out in, "In Love With A Street King."

Publication Date: June 30, 2015
Publisher: Jan'a Sullivan Presents
Print Length: 142 pages
ASIN: B010R63FP8
Genre: African American Women's Fiction, African American Urban Fiction
Kindle Unlimited: Yes
Paperback/Hardcover: Paperback
Book Series: Book 1 of 3
Amazon Star Rating: 4.8 out of 5 Stars


In Love With A Street King 2: Secrets Revealed


Your two favorite couples are back and there's more drama than ever. After being shot multiple times, Nicki is fighting for her life. Meanwhile, Ibn is slowly crumbling, due to him constantly blaming himself for her condition. His actions are causing others to question his sanity. Can he get himself together so he can be strong for Nicki?

Sheniya seems to be handling things well but deep down she's overwhelmed and fed up. Not only is she trying to cope with Nicki being in the hospital, she and Malakai are expecting their first child together. To top it all off, Sheniya learns that Nicki is her biological sister and their dad is set on building a relationship with them both. Are they willing to get pass the fact that he was never there for them or will they let it go and let him be the father that he wants to be?

Publication Date: September 13, 2015
Publisher: Jan'a Sullivan Presents
Print Length: 206 pages
ASIN: B015D4MYCY
Genre: African American Women's Fiction, African American Urban Fiction
Kindle Unlimited: Yes
Paperback/Hardcover: Not at this time
Book Series: Book 2 of 3
Amazon Star Rating: 4.8 out of 5 Stars


Connect With Cherice



No comments:

Post a Comment