Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Million Dollar Dreams and Federal Nightmares Review



Ace Gucciano's debut novel is a five star read. I loved every minute of it. The storyline was well written and flowed great from page to page. However, there were about 2 to 3 repeated sentences, a few misspelled & misplaced words in the text. I am most definitely looking forward to the next release.

Ace and Bishop were two friends who were more like brothers. They were fresh out of prison doing a 13 month bid. I hate the fact that Ace let his jealously & envy cause distance in their friendship. I felt he was very petty for acting the way he did because Bishop wanted a different environment & life for his family. Bishop definitely made the right choice moving to LA. His bittersweet mistake of taking that trip back to Atlanta caused him his life. It was sweet because he rekindled his friendship with Ace, but bitter because of their misfortunate deaths. It's always said that your past will catch up to you and Bishop & Ace's past definitely caught up with them but it also allowed their son's to walk right into their footsteps; filling their positions in the drug game.

Ricky, Ace’s son, and Junior, Bishop’s son, were young & at times clueless. They made many mistakes but learn from them all. One thing I can say, they asked questions when unsure about an issue. I'm eager to find out if they will 100% fulfill their million dollar dreams or if they will indeed have federal nightmares!

Sada & Natasha character was very well expected. I mean, I've always been told that you shouldn't put that much trust in a female, especially one you really didn't know, when you're in the drug game. That there was one of Ricky & Junior's biggest mistake & almost cost them their lives. They were out to get paid by any means necessary & paid the ultimate price for it. I guess they were truly on the wrong team!

LaTonya was very grimy. Just like a female to assume the worst & act on it before you know the story of what's going on. She was really pissing me off in this book. Her small role in the book was good but I hope to hear more about her in the next release, just to see what she's been up too after all these years. I'm also curious to know what Junior's homeboys back in LA have been up to since Junior left.

Juan & Lopez honestly thought they were going to get away with murder, seriously? Let's just say that I agree that they should have got revenge, but no one has the right to take a life & when you take a life you best believe, someone's out to take your last breathe as well, Karma!

Pedro was a very cool dude, I loved his demeanor. I was shocked that he didn't harm Ricky & Junior after that incident that took place, family or not. I'm glad that he didn't thou. He sees how loyal & trustworthy they are & you got to appreciate that.

I recommend that you all go 1-click this great read by Ace today, you won't be disappointed. This gritty street-lit drama filled of disloyalty, envy, greed, love, loyalty & respect will have you glued to the pages until the very end. Job well done Ace Gucciano!

No comments:

Post a Comment