Wednesday, December 7, 2016

#WriterWednesday #AuthorSpotlight Secret Places Revealed by @PauletteHarper #ChristianFiction #WomensFiction

Writer Wednesday is a spotlight that consists of an interview & book spotlight on an author's most recent published book. Let's welcome Author Paulette Harper to Vaneka's VIP Literary Services!






Good afternoon Paulette, and thank you for joining us today. Tell us, what's the title of your new book?

Paulette Thank you for spotlighting me on your blog. The title of my book is Secret Places Revealed.

Is Secret Places Revealed a standalone, spin-off, or part of a series?

Paulette Secret Places Revealed is a standalone novel.

What is the main genre & sub genres Secret Places Revealed is classified as.

Paulette Christian Fiction, Romance


What is Secret Places Revealed about?

Paulette My book is centered on two people who have scars from previous relationships and don’t quite know how to maneuver through the pain.  They are not looking to fall in love, but as we all know, that’s when love comes knocking at your door.

What message, lesson, or moral are you trying to deliver to readers in this book?

Paulette What message in Secret Places Revealed that I want reader to grasp? There are several bullet points I like to mention. First, Secret Places Revealed is a love story about second chances. Second, it is a book about coming face to face with hurts and disappointments from the past. I believe as readers dive into Aaron and Simone's story, they will see that love triumphs over all.

What inspired you to write Secret Places Revealed?

Paulette I love reading romance books and writing a story that brings two people together for the sake of finding love was something I thoroughly enjoyed. Aaron Blackman is not looking for love, in fact the only thing he has on his agenda is adding to his real estate development portfolio, while Simone Herron, has her own internal battles, with trust and abandonment. One decision on her part leads her to meet the eligible bachelor who is smitten by her, but has made a vow to himself not to get involved.

I’ve always wanted to write fiction and the idea behind Secret Places Revealed came from a desire to write my own love story.

Where can this book be purchased?

Paulette Secret Places Revealed can be purchased on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.



Snippet of Secret Places Revealed

“Aaron, good morning. This is Holly.”

“Good morning. What’s up?” He couldn’t imagine why Holly was calling, knowing he was on his way into work. He didn’t have anything pressing on his calendar or any clients coming into the office until later that afternoon.

She muttered, “Aaron, Mr. Kane is here to see you. He keeps coming to my desk, asking when you will be arriving. If he keeps pacing back and forth on that carpet in the sitting area like he’s doing right now, we might have to bill him for new carpet.” 

Aaron let out a deep sigh. What is it now? “Okay. Tell Mr. Kane I’ll be there within the next fifteen minutes.” He paused. “Holly, pull the file.”

With a heavy sigh, he ended the call. He drove the rest of the way to work praying, Lord, my morning cannot start like this. He had an unnerving feeling about the meeting, but he didn’t know why.

Fifteen minutes later, he pulled into the parking lot. He grabbed his briefcase from the passenger’s seat and took the elevator up to his office. When the elevator doors opened, instead of seeing Simone’s beautiful face or being greeted by Holly, he was met by Mr. Kane, who had fire in his eyes. 

Aaron forced a smile. “Good morning, Mr. Kane.”

“Aaron,” Mr. Kane grunted.

Aaron instructed Holly to hold all his calls. From the look in Mr. Kane’s eyes, Aaron could tell he hadn’t come to pat him on the back. The back of Aaron’s hair stood up as Mr. Kane trailed him into his office. Why does it feel like I’m about to get a beat-down? 

“Come on in and have a seat.” Aaron sat in his chair and observed Mr. Kane pacing back and forth.

“No, thank you. I’ll stand.” The man blew out a terse breath. “Blackman, I trusted you with this project. And this is how you repay me?” His voice was shrill, harsh.

Aaron was about to respond, but Mr. Kane held up a hand, silencing him. Aaron’s eyes widened, but he remained calm.

“Were you trying to rip me off, or what?” He peered at Aaron and cleared his throat for the tenth time. 

Aaron’s jaw tightened. He was getting furious. There was a long moment of silence between them. Aaron quickly rose to his feet. He stood at least two inches over the man. With one punch, he could send the man into his next dream. Aaron gave him an exasperated look instead. “Mr. Kane, what do you mean, ‘trying to rip you off’? Blackman and Blackman is a reputable organization, and I take offense. I would strongly recommend you explain your statement.” 

Mr. Kane tossed the financial reports on Aaron’s desk. “Gladly. Those are the financials we received in my office. My accountant looked them over and informed me that the bottom line is over the original budget by four million dollars.” 

Aaron frowned. “That can’t be correct. I looked over the reports myself and verified the amounts before they were sent to you. There must be some logical explanation.” Aaron grunted. He felt like a scratched record. The last time Mr. Kane was in the office, Aaron had given him the same response. His heart rate increased as he glanced over the report. “I need time to look this over and see where the mistake is.” 

“Don’t bother, Blackman. Time is money, and mistakes like this are costing me.” He paused to take a breath. “I’ve decided to take my project to LW Partners instead. I hear Lamont is one of the best in the Bay Area, also.”

Aaron’s face tightened. “Mr. Kane, give me until later today to see what happened. I’m sure the mistake will be corrected.”  

“Blackman, you sound like a broken record.”

Aaron’s anger rose several notches. His level of tolerance diminished. “Mr. Kane, do I need to remind you that we have a signed contract?”

“No, you don’t need to remind me at all. Sue me then, Blackman.” He turned and walked out of the office, slamming the door behind him. 

Aaron collapsed in his chair. What happened? He was in disbelief. Did he say he was giving the project to Lamont Willis? He leaned back in his chair and loosened his tie. One of the biggest projects of my career slipped out of my hands … because of a mistake. 

All the time and long hours wasted, not to mention the money the firm was planning on making. He sighed heavily as he stared, bewildered. He sat in confusion, replaying the last few minutes in his head. The more he thought about it, the more annoyed he got. Why does Lamont Willis’s name keep popping up? 

Lamont was his archenemy—professionally and personally. Out of all the real estate developers in the Bay Area, Mr. Kane had selected him. Why? Aaron pounded his fist on the table. The man was a scumbag and a cheat. How did he manage to steal this project away from me?

Aaron thought about the last time he’d seen Lamont. How could I forget? He came to pick up Simone for lunch. He remembered the smirk on Lamont’s face. A twinge of irritation crawled over Aaron’s skin.

Aaron and Simone had looked over the financials together. They were all in order. Everything was correct. So, what happened between Simone leaving his office and Mr. Kane receiving the package? Something wasn’t right. It didn’t add up. Could she have bungled the reports? But why? No. Aaron. 

She’s too meticulous. She would have never made that kind of mistake.

His mind traveled to the times all three of their paths had crossed. Lunch at Le Cheval. Maybe that would explain her nervousness that day. The conference in Las Vegas. He’d seen them talking. Lamont came to the office to pick her up for lunch. The roses—she’d never divulged their sender. I’d bet good money they were from Lamont. 

It was obvious Lamont was attracted to her, but she’d led Aaron to believe she wasn’t interested in Lamont.

Knowing Lamont, he’d use anybody to vex Aaron, including Simone. Aaron, you’ve lost your mind.

Hmm, have I? Could they be working together? If they were, she was really good at fooling him. He felt a tightening in the pit of his stomach. His skin crawled. 

His eyes flew to their picture on his phone. The selfies they had taken at Yoshi’s. His feelings were all over the place. One moment, he dismissed the thoughts of her and Lamont conspiring together. The next, he pondered the possibility.

Nah. Not Simone. 

He was emotional, but he had to know the truth.

Aaron marched into Simone’s office and threw open the door. She jumped in her seat as he slammed it shut. She spun in his direction, and he stared her down with dark, piercing eyes. “We need to talk.”


What inspired you to become a writer?

Paulette The inspiration behind becoming a writer came after I went through a divorce that altered my life tremendously.

What genre(s) do you write and why?

Paulette I’ve been blessed to write in several different genre: Christian fiction, nonfiction and children. Although each genre is unique in their own way, I enjoy each one.

As an inspirational and fiction writer, I write to inspire and empower readers. I write because I feel I have message to share with readers not only to entertain readers but to help them grow spiritually. I love to mix real life stories into my fiction. Although each story is unique, we experience some of the same feelings, situations and challenges in life in which the reader can identify.

With the ability to craft fiction books, it gives me the opportunity to live through each character. Developing a craft for writing is an ongoing process. I’ve been able to gleam from so many others. I read books which help me learn the craft as well.

When I pen a non-fiction book, I can go deep into my soul and the soul of the reader. My non-fiction books come from my own personal life experiences, research and biblical studies. I try to connect with readers in a place where the words in the book can leap off the pages and bring about a spiritual change as well as spiritual growth.  Everyone needs to be inspired, empowered and strengthen in every area of their lives and this is where my books are able to touch the readers.

My children’s book Princess Nevaeh, Lessons on Self Discovery, was inspired by my oldest granddaughter whose name is Nevaeh. She asked me to write a book with her name in it and if you are a grandparent you try hard to give your grands what they want. I am no different.

What's next for you in your literary career?

Paulette I’m currently working on another book and have several events lined up including my book launch and a book signing. I will also be vending at some holiday events.


Fav 15

Favorite Authors TD. Jakes, Miles Monroe
Coffee or Tea Coffee
Favorite Movie/TV Show Queen Sugar
Favorite Season Summer
Favorite Blog/Blogger Nothing But Books
Favorite Book The Bible
Favorite Food Mexican
Favorite Song Anthony Hamilton, What I'm Feelin'
Favorite Actor/Actress Bianca Lawson, Angela Bassett, Denzel Washington, Omari Hardwick & Larenz Tate
Favorite Quote “Intentionally Living Life on Purpose”
Favorite Sport/Hobby Basketball, Football. Favorite hobby: hiking
Day/Night Day
Favorite Holiday Christmas
Favorite Restaurant
Crustacean in San Francisco
Favorite Vacation Spot Any tropical island


Secret Places Revealed

Author Paulette Harper

Genre Christian Fiction, Women’s Fiction

Publisher Thy Word Publishing

Publication Date September 15, 2016

Print Length 340 pages


Book Blurb

A broken man, a woman on the run, a love that won’t be denied. Single—and very content—real estate developer Aaron Blackman is determined not to become involved in another relationship. He’s experienced enough drama to last a lifetime. The only thing garnering his attention now is his growing business. And he plans to keep it that way. Then Simone Herron waltzes into his life, beautiful and confident. Fighting to keep his promise to himself—to remain single—he soon discovers that when it comes to love, some promises must be broken.

After losing her fiancé in an untimely death, Simone Herron relocates. She desperately needs to put the past behind her and start a new chapter in her life. While love is the farthest thing from her mind, she experiences an attraction to the handsome Aaron Blackman that frightens her. She's built a wall around her heart, but can she find the strength and courage she needs to welcome love again? To do so, she must conquer her fears and allow God to put all of her broken pieces back together.


Purchase Links


Paulette Harper 


In addition to being an award winning author of Completely Whole, Paulette is an inspirational speaker, as well as a writing workshop instructor. Her literary works have been spotlighted in a growing number of publications, including CBN, Real Life Real Faith Magazine, The Sacramento Observer and Black Pearls Magazine. She has also appeared on numerous local and online radio shows.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the spotlight. Hope your audience enjoy the snippet of Secret Places Revealed.

    ReplyDelete