Tuesday, October 11, 2016

#DebutAuthorSpotlight: Myia White @MYiA_DUhH



Myia White


Author Bio

Myia White is a 28- year- old Atlanta, Georgia native, where she was born and raised. She attended Benjamin Elijah Mays High School and graduated in 2006. She attended Atlanta Technical College and studied in Culinary Arts in 2007. She’s has been a franchise owner for Taxamize Accounting for over 3 years.

She enjoys shopping, travelling, and she’s an avid reader. After receiving her Kindle and enjoying the many pleasures of reading that is when she discovered that she wanted to pursue her craft of writing that she once had back in her high school days. Some of her favorite authors includes Kellz Kimberly, KC Mills, Kwan and many more. She wrote her first book Pistols and Pain: Praying for her Love which was released on August 3, 2016 and released part 2 of her series on September 26, 2016. She’s signed to Kellz K Publishing.

Her dreams are to become a bestselling or national author in urban fiction, mastered the literacy of being a great urban fiction author before tapping into other genres. Release as many books with progression in every new book written.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Stalk Myia


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Author Interview

1. Can you please tell us a little about yourself?

I’m 28 years old. I’m a chef and I own a franchise for Taxamize Accounting. I’m signed to Kellz K Publishing.

2. What's the title of your first book?

Pistols and Pain: Praying For Her Love

3. Is this book a standalone, spin-off, or part of a series?

It’s part of a series. 

4. List the main genre & sub genres this book is classified as.

Urban Fiction and Women’s Fiction.

5. What is your book about?


My book is about Deuce who is a drug dealer that’s dealing with life on an everyday basis. He’s in a relationship that is unsatisfying and he runs into Ebony a CPA, that changes his life and as their love blossoms, their lives all take a spiral out of control.

6. What message, lesson, or moral are you trying to deliver to readers in this book?

The message behind this book is that you can’t trust everybody. Loving through the rain can heal the soul.

7. Is this book a reflection of a personal experience?

Yes, this book is a reflection of personal experience.

8. Where can this book be purchased?

Amazon, Barnes and Nobles and Books a Million.

9. What inspired you to become a writer?

I wanted to write about something that I wanted to read about.

10. What genre(s) do you write and why?

Urban Fiction and Romance because I can relate more to these genres.

11. I'm sure you're a reader as well, who are some of your favorite authors and what's on your ‘To Be Read’ List?

Favorite authors: Kellz Kimberly, KC Mills, Mz. Toni, Vincent Morris, and K’wan.


12. Who is your targeted audience and what message are you trying to relay in your writing?

All audiences, but mainly women between the ages of 18-65 and the message that I try to relay is realistic situations.

14. With thousands of books being released each day and new authors steady emerging, how are you going to stand out? Why should readers give your book(s) a try versus others in the same genre?

I make my books stand out because I try my best to relate and write my books from a readers point of view. Readers should give me a try because I don’t try to stray too far from the truth, I make my situations as relatable as possible.

15. What's next for you in your literary career?

I’ve already released book 2 of the Pistols and Pain: Praying For Her Love series. I’m currently getting ready to release my third book this month. Be on the lookout. It’s coming real soon.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Fav 15

Authors Kellz Kimberly, KC Mills, K’wan and Vincent Morris

Coffee or Tea Coffee, I prefer Iced.

Movie/TV Show Crooklyn is my favorite movie. I don’t have a favorite television show.

Season Fall

Blog/Blogger Mercy B

Book A Player’s Prayer by Kellz Kimberly

Food Hot Wings

Song Anita Baker’s Body and Soul

Actor/Actress Taraji P. Henson

Quote “Treat others the way you want to be treated.”

Sport/Hobby Reading

Day/Night Night

Holiday Christmas

Restaurant Landmark Diner

Vacation Spot Orlando, Florida

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Myia's Books


Pistols & Pain: Praying For Her Love
Genre AA Women’s Fiction, AA Urban Fiction

Publisher Kellz K Publishing

Release Date August 3, 2016

Print Length 168 pages

FREE with Kindle Unlimited

Amazon Kindle Price $0.99
Amazon Paperback Price $15
B&N Paperback Price $15



Buy The Book





Blurb

Marco ‘Deuce’ Carter is a 28 year old self-made boss in his own right. Reigning from the Southside of the A, he has nothing but the world as his oyster. Ladies love him and men fear and respect him but that’s not what Deuce wanted. He wanted nothing more than to stack his money and find a chick that was worthy of his love, however when you are mending a broken heart & handling business in the streets love isn’t the easiest thing to come by.

27 year old Ebony White is an accountant that just so happens to love what she does. With an ex behind her, the Georgia peach is focused on what matters the most which is her happiness. Ebony now has this new found freedom and feels as though she can do whatever she wants and will stop at nothing until she’s at the top. Love was the furthest thing from her mind until she bumps into the infamous Deuce.

Both Deuce & Ebony have a lot to learn when it comes to this game of love. From just a brief encounter they are left with each other’s names etched on their hearts but does that mean their fate is sealed? Find out the answer in this gritty novel about Pistols & Pain while someone is praying for that undeniable love.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Pistols & Pain 2: Praying For Her Love
Genre AA Women’s Fiction, AA Urban Fiction

Publisher Kellz K Publishing

Release Date September 25, 2016

Print Length 203 pages

FREE with Kindle Unlimited

Amazon Kindle Price $2.99
Amazon Paperback Price $15
B&N Paperback Price $15



Buy The Book





Blurb

Marco 'Deuce' Carter is battling his love for the woman that he's sure is meant for him and the love of the streets. His world is turned upside down when truths are revealed. Leaving him to wonder if he will ever find happiness. Ebony White is trying her hardest to balance her career and her love life while it hangs in the balance. She is deeply in love but even the deepest love comes with secrets. While her past begins to haunt her throwing Ebony into a spiral of events she wasn’t ready for. In the finale of this gritty novel of love, hurt, and pain; Deuce & Ebony’s relationship is on a path down destruction. Will they be able to make the right turn towards happiness or will their trial and errors prevent them from finding the gold at the end of the road?


~ ~ ~ ~ ~



Snippet

Pistols & Pain (Book 1)

Deuce
I watched the woman I loved stand in front of me, with a gun pulled out on me and the trigger pulled. I silently prayed as I stepped to her, letting the barrel of the gun sit in the middle of my chest as the rain came down over both of our bodies. She was crying and I wanted to take her pain away. I wasn’t scared that she’d shoot me or that I’d die right here right now at this present moment, by the hands of the woman that carried my child. I just knew that for her to be here like this meant that she needed to let it out.

POW! I closed my eyes and opened my heart, as I heard the gun go off. I opened my eyes and she was standing there in a shocked-like state. I looked over my body, but there wasn’t a bullet in me. I looked in the house and there was a hole in my wall. Damn, her aim was terrible, but I was glad it wasn’t me that had gotten hit.

“Oh my god, Marco, I’m so sorry baby” she pleaded as she was looking over me, dropping to her knees. I fell right there with her.

“Heavenly Father;

We come to you tonight to ask for forgiveness right now. This young lady is lost and I ask that you cast your spirits around her and hold her close. Whatever this demon is that’s chasing her, we ask that you remove it from her mind, body, soul, and spirit. Keep her safe as she takes forth another step in this journey of life. Hold her near your cross, as she prepares for an even greater challenge and that’s motherhood. Heal her Father and I thank you for blessing me with this woman. You brought us together for a greater purpose and, whatever it is, just know Father that I am ready. Bestow your blessings upon her, as well as your blood.

In your name I pray, Amen”

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thank you Myia for stopping by and sharing your work with us. We look forward to reading more of your work and we wish you much success in your literary career.

Readers if you haven't checked out Myia's great reads, please do so. Stalk her on social media to see what she's up to. You'll love her books! If you loved this post, please share & subscribe. Sharing is caring. Until next time ...Peace & Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment