Monday, April 4, 2016

#LiteraryStardom Mizz Butterfly Your Next Favorite Author


Vaneka's VIP Literary Services

Literary Stardom is a spotlight for 'New Authors' that has 5 or less books under their belt. This new feature is targeted to highlight new authors because many new authors are often overlooked and readers don’t want to take a chance on purchasing a book by someone ‘new.’ However, many readers are missing out because these new authors have a lot of fire spitting from their pen! Some of you seem to forget that your favorite author was once new & you took a chance with them. So, my message is to stop overlooking these talented authors and give them a chance! Please welcome our first Literary Star, Mizz Butterfly.

Vaneka's VIP Literary Services

Mizz Butterfly is a 29 year old new urban fiction writer from York, Alabama, who currently resides in Tuscaloosa. She has had a love for writing since her high school days and as a result, majored in English in college. Writing has become a passion for Mizz Butterfly.  It takes her away from all the stressors and troubles of the world. Mizz Butterfly is currently working on the sequel to her novel.


Chatting with Mizz Butterfly
I had the honor of sitting down & chatting with Mizz Butterfly about her literary career. Tune in to hear what she had to say.



Can you please tell us a little about yourself?



I’m Author Mizz Butterfly and I’m 29 years old. Originally from York, Al. I’m not married. No kids of my own but treat my nieces and nephews like my own. I’ve loved to write since High School. I was the girl that wrote everyone’s love letters.



Your publisher is Natisha Raynor Presents. Why did you decide to sign with them?



When I met Natisha she was just starting her company. I was the first author that would be signed to her. She told me how she was just starting out and would understand if I wanted a more established publisher, but something about her stuck out. I could tell she was passionate about her company. She is very sweet and understanding.



Who is your targeted audience and what message are you trying to relay in your writing?



I would say readers who are at least in their 20s and up. I try to at least show them that despite what’s going on or has happened in your life, you can still move forward and accomplish your dreams.



With thousands of books being released each day and new authors steady emerging, how are you going to stand out? Why should readers give your book(s) a try versus others in the same genre?



I try to bring awareness to a different cause in each one of my books. Even though they are entertaining and have drama, there is a message in each one. I think that is something that not many authors do.



If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?



Wow that’s a tough one. I would have to say the Coldest Winter Ever. I hated that Winter went to jail. I would have had her change her life around.



I'm sure you're a reader as well, who are some of your favorite authors and what's on your ‘To Be Read’ List?



Coco Amoure, Kim Kaye, Mizz Kiki, of course Natisha Raynor. There is a friend of mine A. N. Drews who is coming out with a book soon that I am definitely going to check out.



Are you a full-time or part-time writer and how long has it been since you published your first book?



Part time. I published my first book in 2015.



What inspired you to become a writer?



I’ve loved writing since I was in high school. I did some promoting for Jerrice Owens and he challenged me to write a story. That’s how it all began.



So tell us, what books have you written?



I’ve written If It Ain’t One Thing It’s Another 1 & 2 and I also have, When S#!t Gets Real. I am currently working on the second part of it.



What genre(s) are they and why did you choose to write in those genre(s)?



All my books are urban fiction. I write books that I would want to read myself.



Give us an insight into your main character(s). What does he/she do that is so special?



All of my main characters have some type of traumatic experience(s). Despite the obstacles against them, they rise above everything and continue to push forward. 



Which actor/actress would you like to see playing the lead character from your most recent book?



I would love for Yaya Dacosta to play Kimori in my latest book.



How do you connect and interact with readers?



Through Facebook and Instagram.



What was the hardest thing about writing your latest book?



Getting my main character through all the drama that’s going on in her life.



Do you think that giving away books for free works? Why or why not?



Sometimes. It helps to get your name out there and inspire people to buy more of your books. However, sometimes it doesn’t work.



Why do you feel that you will be reader’s next ‘favorite author’?



Because my books are not only entertaining, but you learn something from them.



Where do you see yourself in your career as a writer in 5 years?



Hopefully on the top of the charts. I want to have grown a lot as a writer.



Based off what you’ve learned in your writing career, what advice would you give to a new and emerging author about the publishing industry?



Don’t let anyone change you. Stay true to who you are.



How do you think the publishing industry will be in the future?



With so many new authors coming out I think it will expand and be better.



What can readers expect from you next?



I’m working on the second part to When S#!t Gets Real and then looking to start something new afterwards.



Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?



I hope everyone will take a chance on my work. Readers will not be disappointed.



Thank you very much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to take part in this interview.



Just because you grow up having everything you could ever want doesn't mean you won't have problems. It's always someone out there hiding in the shadows trying to take everything you have.



Vaneka's VIP Literary Services




If It Ain’t One Thing, It’s Another

Despite growing up without her mother, Gizelle Williams still had a wonderful life. Her father has already given her everything she could want and then some. But just when she thinks that life can't get any better, a series of events change her life so quickly that she didn't see it coming. For the first time in her life, she is about to find out what the word DRAMA really means. Come take a ride with Mizz Butterfly as she takes you on a roller coaster ride filled with lies, alibis, deceit and more drama than you can handle in the hot steamy novel If It Ain't One Thing It's Another.

Genre: Urban fiction

Publisher: Self Published

Release Date: September 15, 2015

Page Count: 107



“As if dealing with my father’s death wasn’t enough, here comes more drama. Things just can’t seem to go right in my life. When will the madness end??” ~ Gizelle ~

Vaneka's VIP Literary Services




If It Ain’t One Thing, It’s Another 2

As if dealing with her father's murder isn't enough for Gizelle, now the mother that she has never known has returned. On the outside, it appears that Amaya simply wants to be reunited with her daughter, but Gizelle's family isn't buying it. Does Amaya really want a relationship with her daughter or does she have other motives? Strap yourself down and continue the rollercoaster ride through this drama filled read.

Genre: Urban Fiction

Publisher: Natisha Raynor Presents

Release Date: October 10, 2015

Page Count: 109



“Life doesn’t always work out the way you want it. Best thing to do is play the hand you were dealt” ~ Kimori ~



Vaneka's VIP Literary Services



When S#*! Gets Real
(Formerly titled When it all Falls Down)

Kimori Taylor is a college freshman determined to let nothing stop her from getting her degree. She does everything in her power to make sure her grades stay up, including her decision not to date. Julian "Juelez" Douglas along with his twin brother Dom and their brother Cash take over their father’s drug business after he goes to prison. Juelez is determined to get everything he wants in life including Kimori. Their relationship is like a real life fairytale until a series of events tear them apart. Things go downhill as a hurricane of secrets, murders, and lies start to surface. Is the love they have for each other strong enough to survive or will both of their lives crumble When S*** Gets Real.

Genre: Urban fiction

Publisher:  Natisha Raynor Presents

Release Date: January 11, 2016

Page Count: 130


Get Social
Find here on Snapchat @ Mizz Butterfly05

Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to check out Mizz Butterfly's novels! Leave a comment below if you will be purchasing  &/or if you have any questions or comments. If you loved this post & want to be notified of new posts, subscribe to my blog!
Also, subscribe to our mailing list.
Until next time ....stay Blessed & Read!



No comments:

Post a Comment