Friday, January 22, 2016

New Release + Sneak Peek | Disloyal: A Treacherous Love Story by Tracee Boyd


Disloyal: A Treacherous Love Story
Author: Tracee Boyd
Genre: Urban Fiction; Romance
Publishing House: Royalty Publishing House
Publication Date: January 22, 2016
Amazon Price: $0.99
Available with Kindle Unlimited

This is a Standalone Novel.

SYNOPSIS 
        
Come and get acquainted with Haven and Lotus.  These two ladies couldn't be more different.  While Haven gets nice checks from being a successful author, Lotus gets checks from the State of Michigan and lives in section 8 housing.  The one check that they both want but neither seems to be able to get is from their baby daddy, Aaron Avery.
Everything comes to a head when Aaron's child support for both kids get out of control.  Being married to a woman who doesn't want to be bothered with his kids and baby mamas, Aaron's back is against the wall.  His child support bill is mounting and his wife is running out of patience.  When an opportunity is presented to Aaron which will end in a big payoff he jumps at it thinking he can smooth his life out but he couldn't have been more wrong.  Having two baby mamas and a no nonsense wife is a recipe for disaster and Aaron soon learns walking away from his responsibilities was the biggest mistake of his life. 

********************

SNEAK PEEK
Prologue

           As I sat in the meticulous clean and sterile office, thoughts of what I was planning on putting in motion swirled around my head.  The office was orderly, clean with expensive furniture, with the smell of plum dancing through the air, and I instantly thought about my life.  It was full of drama and cluttered.  That's exactly why I was doing what I was doing. I wanted my life to represent this office I was sitting in: orderly, fresh and neat.
"Are you sure you want to do something like this?  It's going to be stressful to say the least and to be honest, I'm not sure I would ever enter a situation like the one you've spun up."
           My lawyer was looking at me like I was a crazy ass maniac, but I had given this a lot of thought and no one was in my shoes, so no one could judge the decision I just made.  I've stressed over this and it all came down to the decision that I was basically forced to make. I'd be the first to admit that it was crazy as hell, but I was willing to do it.  When your back was against the wall and you had no other options, you'd be surprised at the decisions you'd make.  I still couldn't believe what I was doing but oh well, I was sitting here and I was about to face this head on.  I needed to know that in the end, everything was going to be alright and I was sure the end was near.
           "Yes, I'm positive.  You have no idea how many nights I stay awake thinking about this situation.  Something needs to be done and this is my absolute last hope.  This has to work.  Believe me, if there was another avenue I could take, I'd do it in a heartbeat, but I'm putting all my eggs in this one basket and I'm hoping it doesn't ignite and burn us all involved to hell.  Set everything in motion," I answered with total confidence, but my insides were boiling and I felt the immediate need to use the bathroom.  It was all or nothing.  Either this was going to work, or my heart was going to be shattered in a million pieces.
           "Ok, I'll make sure everything is set.  Now please be prepared because you know once the ball starts rolling, this dangerous game is in motion and it's going to change lives forever."
           When she said that, I knew there was no turning back and I knew what she said was so true.  What I was planning on doing was going to change lives forever, but it had to be done.  Messing around in other people lives was something I never did but again, before I lost it all, I had to try and patch this up and yes, others were involved and had no clue as to what I was doing; but if it all worked out, I'm sure after the shock wears off, they will appreciate what I've done. Nevertheless, I'm sure that wouldn't come for a while because if someone did to me what I was setting in motion, I would be pissed.  Life isn't promised to any of us, so I was going to push ahead with this plan and allow the chips to fall where they fall.
           I clenched my eyes shut and said a quick prayer because I was about to enter into a world of mayhem.


Chapter 1 - Aaron

           "Man, these fucking bitches are trying to kill me with this damn child support."  It seemed like I was getting a letter from FOC every damn month.  These women were trying to get over on me and I wasn't about to let that happen.  I threw the Friend of the Court letter across the room, and I could feel my head banging.  I needed something to drink and I needed something strong.
           "I told you about fucking around with all those females at the same time, and now look at you; you have two women suing you for child support and you have a wife who doesn't want anything to do with the situation, which in my opinion, another crazy ass situation all in itself. You're being trifling as hell man, and I'm getting tired of warning you about the crazy life decisions you make. Stop fucking up, Aaron.  You need to get off your ass and stop trying to live off of unemployment and take care of your kids."
My brother Ace thought he was my father and right about now, I didn't need to hear his preaching.  If he wasn't going to cut me a check to get these blood sucking baby mamas off my neck, he could save it. I'm sure he looked down on me because I wasn't going to work every day, but it wasn't my fault that the factory that I worked for laid me off.  I needed some more time to get my situation together, and the last thing I needed was for him to be on my damn neck about two bitches I no longer dealt with.  All this stress was fucking getting to me and I wasn't in the mood to hear about who needed shoes, clothes and copays.  No one ever worried about me and how I was keeping my head above water.  If I knew what kind of drama those two was going to rain down on me, I would have never been with either one of them.  I know I sound like a prime asshole but the truth was I loved my son and daughter, but I couldn't have the relationship I wanted with them because of the mothers. So in turn, I kept all four of them at arm's length.  On top of all that, I had a wife who loved me but hated my package and right now, I was stuck between a rock and a hard place because she didn't want to hear shit about any baby mama drama and that's all that seemed to be going on.
"Ace, I get what you're saying, but no one seems to see where the hell I'm coming from.  Every time my fucking cell phone rings I can promise you it's one of them begging for something.  Pussy is not worth all this drama.  It's almost as if they treat the kid like a damn job and I'm the payroll department.  These women need to know that just because you have a child with a man does not mean you can run his life for the rest of his life.  They are so hard to deal with, especially Lotus' crazy ass."
As soon as I said that, I felt a little guilty because the truth was, between the two of my baby mamas, Lotus was the one that caught my heart, but she was too much of a loose cannon and our personalities just clashed.  My wife  knew how I felt about Lotus so in turn, she wanted nothing to do with her which meant my son as well.
"Aaron, stop saying their begging you for stuff when in actuality, they shouldn't have to ask you for shit because you should be man enough and just make sure they all have what they need and if you were doing that, your phone wouldn't be ringing off the hook, now would it?  I just don't get your way of thinking, man.  Put yourself in their shoes for a moment."  Ace shot me an angry glare and I knew I had struck a nerve.  "I'm sure you promised both of them the world just so you could fuck, and then you moved on the moment each told you she was pregnant. And then to add insult to injury, you get married to someone new.  That's a slap in the face.  Of course they're mad."
           Ace had no idea what it was like to have two baby mamas who kept shit going, and a fed up wife.  It's easy to take the woman's side but I was stressed out too, but I was the one being looked at as the bad guy.
           "If I had the money, I would give it to them but hell, I have to live too, and you know Zara be on my head about taking money out of our house when she's the only one working to give to them.  That unemployment check only goes so far. Hell, if I do get some extra money, I have to give it to her on some of our bills. Believe me, the kids are taken care of and if I don't give them money, don't think for one second that either one of my kids will go without."
           See, this is the mess that sent my blood pressure through the roof.  Both of my baby mamas knew I didn't work and I had just gotten married, so why call me with that mess and it seemed like when one called, they sent a text to the other one because then I would hear from the other within a few hours, one request for shoes turning into two request for shoes.  Some may look at me and call me a deadbeat, but I didn't give a shit. I truly didn't because I've been the same type of nigga my whole life up until I met my wife Zara, so my baby mamas brought all this drama on themselves.  They both knew I wasn't ready for kids when we were dating.  Now both of them wanted to cry and complain that I didn't do anything for my son and daughter. How dumb is that?  You create a fucked up situation and then you want to complain about it. I was sick of all of them and it was time I put my foot down.
           "Real talk, Aaron, I don't know why Zara would even want to marry your ass.  I mean, really. She sees you sitting around smoking weed all the time and you don't take care of your kids, so what the hell is her problem.  Don't even answer that because I know what her problem is. She loves your situation because it gives her a chance to control you.  I know it's a man shortage out here but damn.  You better watch out for her because she's fucked up in the head.  Instead of letting you use her, she needs to be pushing you to do better but you don't see that since she pays for everything.  Mark my words Aaron, letting women pay your way through life is going to backfire on your ass."    
           My brother was starting to piss me the fuck off.  Yeah he owned a barber shop and brought in great money, but that didn't make him better than me.  So what if I had two kids the same age with two different women; I was a solid man and I didn't give a shit what anyone thought.  No one was perfect and I never claimed to be.  Zara was the woman I married because she didn't try to change me, she just accepted who I was and she was cool with that.
           "I've always been upfront with Zara and she knows the type of nigga I am, so she obviously is good with it. I'm not so sure about these crazy ass baby mamas I have, but who cares what they think.  I just need to up my hustle and get them off my back because this is getting old.  They won't leave my ass alone.  If I knew the kind of trouble they would be showering down on me, I would have never touched either one of them.  The only one that is halfway decent is Haven, and I know that's only because her stuck up ass thinks she's better than everyone because she's a damn writer.  She looks at me like I'm dirt but she forgets, she was trying to get me to marry her ass so what does that say about her.  They love talking down to me but at one point, both of them tried their best to get me to settle down.  The bottom line is they are both salty with me for not wanting to be with them.  People are so quick to think that just because you have a baby with a woman that you have to stay, but what if she creates a volatile environment?"
           "Haven is cool, Aaron, and you should be happy she has become so successful because when she's happy, that means your daughter is happy.  You need to be a better father to both of your kids, man, and stop with the bullshit because if you keep traveling on this road, you're going to hit a damn wall.  Everything is not about you Aaron.  Stop saying they're mad because you left them, even though they have every right to be because you misled both of them, but they want you to do right by your kids.  You keep talking about how stressed you are but you have no idea what they go through day in and day out with your kids, and here you are sitting up over here with a woman who really doesn't want your kids to come and even visit.  How can you marry a woman who's not into your kids?"  Ace took a sip of his Corona and gave me a look that made me feel like a piece of trash.
           "Look Ace, I love both of my kids but I can't tolerate the mothers so I lay low.  Who needs all that damn drama in their life?"  I finally took a long drag from my freshly rolled blunt and I could feel the calmness coming over me.  Hell, I needed to smoke just in order to deal with their crazy asses.
           "Aaron, you can bitch and moan all you want but you laid down with them and made kids, so you need to stop smoking all this damn weed, get off your ass, get a legit job and take care of your them.  If you didn't smoke all that damn weed and go to barber school, I would give you a chair in my shop, but there is no way you're embarrassing my ass because we both know you are not dependable."
           My brother stood up to leave and I was happy.  He could get too preachy sometimes when it came to my situation, but I wasn't about to let him or anyone else dictate my life.  It had been that way my whole life with him.  He was fifteen years older than me, so he practically raised me while our mother worked two jobs to support us.  I really respected my brother but I knew deep down he didn't respect me and the truth was, that really hurt because besides our mother who had passed away two years ago, Ace is the only person I knew had my back without a doubt and even though he worked my nerves, I would give my life for him.
           "Thanks but two things, I'm not giving up my trees and I'm not reporting to any fucking job every day, that's just not me.  I probably make what you make and I'm at home relaxing."
           My brother shook his head and told me he would call me later.  As soon as he left, my cell phone started ringing and why wasn't I surprised. It was Lotus, one of my kids' mothers, and I wasn't about to listen to her flap and scream about nonsense, so I sent her call to voicemail and finished my blunt.  I was sure whatever she was bitchin' about would still be on her mind later, and I knew her well enough to know she would be calling back in about twenty minutes.
           As the cloudy smoky haze danced around my head, I eyed the crumpled letter on the floor.  Everything Ace said was ringing in my head and I knew that if I didn't do something quick fast and in a hurry and get caught up on my child support, I was going to be sitting in jail, and there was no way I was going to let those crazy bitches put me behind bars.

Disloyal: A Treacherous Love Story by Tracee Boyd is now available on Amazon. Click here to purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment