Tuesday, April 26, 2016

#BloggingTheBlogger Brittanie Tate @NoturAvrgeBritt #BlogSeries #2 #BookBloggers




Blogging The Blogger (BTB) is a special feature dedicated to those awesome Book Bloggers. As a book blogger myself, I know how busy our life can be plus the little recognition that we may get. I think it's about time we change that. We sacrifice a lot to bring you awesome content all while managing our busy lives. Therefore, I've decided to begin this blog series for my fellow bloggers. Each Tuesday I will interview the ‘bloggers behind the blogs.’



Hello everyone! I am honored to introduce to you, Brittanie Tate, “the blogger behind the blog,” NoturAvrgeStoryTime.






The Blogger


Hello Brittanie, thanks for sharing your story with us. How are you today?


Hi Vaneka, I’m doing great and it was no problem.


How did you come up with the name for your blog, “NoturAvrgeStoryTime“?


I was trying to find a name that represented me and that strayed away from my NoturAvrgeBritt social media name.


When did you create your blog & why did you decide to create such a blog?


I created my blog sometime in the beginning of this year. I had been going back and forth with putting myself out there and talking about the things I like, such as books, authors for a book tube channel. But after months of putting it off, because of nerves, I decided to start a WordPress and Tumblr instead.


Who is your potential audience?


I’d like to think my target audience are African American men and women who love to read as much as I do, or just looking for a good book to read.


What type of content can readers find on your blog?


Most of my content are books by African American authors; anywhere from Fiction, Urban Fiction, Self-Help, Christian Fiction and literary classics like Zora Neale Hurston’s “Their Eyes Were Watching God”.


Are you a full time blogger? Is your blog monetized?


I like to think of myself as a part-time blogger, since I just started and post everything by myself. But I hope to be a full-time book blogger soon because it’s something that I really love doing.


What services do you offer to authors &/ other literary professionals? How can they contact you?


I haven’t even gotten that far yet, as far as offering services. I do offer book reviews, Q&A’s or spotlights if approached. You can contact me through email or just message me on any of my social media links.


Do you have any monthly or annual events or specials that you’ve created on your blog?


No, but stay tuned I’ve got some things I’ve been working on to expand my blog and its segments.


Have you ever been discouraged as a blogger? How did you deal with it?


When I first started to tell people what I wanted to do, no one really knew what it was. They would ask me, what’s a blog? What are your going to write or talk about? But it was never really any discouraging going on. There were doubters and that’s fine. Since I’m the type to ignore negativity, I just kept it moving and focused on what I was trying to do and why.


Do you have any advice to give to book bloggers that are struggling in any way?


Well, my biggest challenge was putting myself out there, because I didn’t think people would care or was even interested in Books. However, my followers and friends proved me wrong. So I would say, if you want to start a book blog, do it! There aren’t too many of us out there, especially “Black” book bloggers.


Why should readers follow your blog? What makes your blog different from other book blogs?


You should definitely follow my blog because you are going to get a variety of different books to choose from and all written by African American authors.


Name some awesome book bloggers you follow & would recommend readers to follow?


Of course I follow you Vaneka, but there’s also Coffee Breaks and Bookmarks, The Writer’s Inkwell, and BookBug 2012. Honestly trying to find a book blog that talks about the type of books I like to read is hard. There really aren’t as many as I thought it would be going into it.



The Person


What are some of your interests other than blogging & anything to do with the literary industry?


I love reading, writing stories, poetry or songs and listening to music. I am working on my first manuscript so that I can one day can myself a blogger and a published author.


Do you have a family?


I don’t have my own family just yet but give me a couple of years to accomplish my goals and you can count on it. But, seriously I have my mother, two sisters (I’m the middle child), 2 nephews and a niece, my best friend and my boyfriend.


What is your occupation?


I am a Liberal Arts Student for now, but my dream occupation is to be a literary agent. But until then, getting a job at a bookstore would be heaven on earth.


How do you manage to balance blogging, school, family & “me time”?


Now that I’ve added school on my plate and I’m not working I have more time to do all the things I want to do such as read, write, blog and what not. But I’ve learned the secret to finding balance is having an agenda book or monthly planner. They’ve really been my best friend this year.


What are you passionate about?


My passions consist of everything that I love which is reading and writing. I know that sounds cliché but those are the times when I’m at peace with myself. When I have music playing too.


What is your biggest fear?


I’ve thought about this millions of times and each time it all boils down to not following through with God’s plan for my life.


What is one thing about you that most people don’t know &/or wouldn’t believe?


I think most people would be surprised that I can sing and have been singing in school and choirs since I was 5 years old. My younger sister and I had a little gospel group called Some Little Angels.


What do you like to do for fun?


When I’m alone I like to listen to music, write, go to the library/bookstores, museums, hiking, watch movies or YouTube videos. When I am with friends or family I like to go to amusement parks, lounges, bowling, play video games and karaoke.


How would your family & friends describe you?


My friends and family would describe me as beautiful, smart, loving and caring. Loyal, funny, goofy, goal minded, weird, and a little book nerd. (lol) They would also say that I’ll seem shy until I get to know you and that I’m really nice and sweet until I observe something that turns me off about you and would no longer want to see, hang out or talk to that person anymore.


Where is your dream vacation destination located?


My dream vacation is to go to Europe. If I have to choose an island, it’ll be Fiji. I can just see myself chilling on a waterfront bungalow enjoying the view with a book, something in my glass and my music blasting.


Do you prefer tea, coffee or soda?


I am a heavy coffee and tea drinker. I’ll drink that or water before I’ll drink soda or even juice.


What would you rather have more time to do?


I wish I had more time to focus on finishing my manuscript, and get out of this writing slump. Lately, I’ve really been focusing on school, so I want to get back to a place where everything just flows.



Favorites


Blogger Brown Girl Reading (I am always watching her videos on YouTube)

Author Dr. Maya Angelou

Book Flyy Girl by Omar Tyree

Genre Fiction

TV Show Younger

Music genre & Artist R&B, Whitney Houston

Color Purple

Food Belizean or Caribbean

Accessory or item Books

Animal White Tiger

Cause You Support Marin Moms for 2Gen Equity



Brittanie Tate is a 26 year old avid reader, book blogger and aspiring author born and raised in Los Angeles, Ca. She attends Argosy University- Los Angeles in pursuit of completing her B.A in Liberal Arts.





Thank you for stopping by today Brittanie! We really enjoyed your company & learning more about you and your blog. Please stay in touch.

To all you diehard readers out there, make sure you go subscribe to NoturAvrgeStoryTime and follow on social media!



Get Social


No comments:

Post a Comment